I've got the kernel of a new portrait project and I need your help finding subjects. I'm looking for people with interesting phobias which they'd be willing to face while in front of a camera. The weirder the better. For an simple example, I had a good friend who has been terrified of snakes since a traumatic experience as a little girl. The idea would be to shoot her portrait holding a snake. Maybe even in the same location as the incident.
Fear of heights, open spaces, crowds of people, red food, paper, public bathrooms, you name it, I want it.
Think of it as a way to face irrational fears and make something great in the process.
Other stuff you'll need:
- You need to be in NYC for the shoot.
- You will be required to sign a model release.
- You understand that this is not an opportunity for a free headshot or portrait session.
- Most importantly I want people who want to make something great.
So if you meet all these requirements then send me an email to email@example.com with:
- A brief description of your phobia and perhaps how far you'd be willing to go confronting it.
- A recent picture of yourself
- Your whereabouts in NYC
- Your general schedule or particular dates which might work
- Any interesting places you have access to which might make for an interesting setting
Thanks so much and please spread the word.