As many of you know, I've been doing a photo-a-day series this year, but I though I'd up the ante in the final month by shooting all portraits and hopefully dramatic ones at that. Something akin to the pictures from my Drabbles series from a couple years ago if you wanted a point of reference. That plus 30-40% better. Here's what I know so far. They're going to be environmental portraits, many will involve multiple people, some will take their inspiration from old paintings. I've got a handful of solid ideas to start from and I'm sure plenty more to come.
To that end I need a pool of subjects, ideally lots of them to choose from to fit my needs. So if you're interested in participating here's what you need to know.
- You need to be in NYC or can be in NYC for the shoot. (I'll also be in the Arlington, VA / DC area from the 22nd-27th if you live down there)
- You need to be reliable, because I'm doing one a day and the shoots will often require a bit of planning and involve other people so I can't have you canceling at the last minute.
- You need to be willing to play a role and possibly ham it up a bit for the camera if necessary.
- You understand that this is not an opportunity for a free headshot or portrait session.
- You will be required to sign a model release.
- Most importantly I want people who want to make something great.
So if you meet all these requirements then send me an email to email@example.com with:
- A recent picture of yourself
- Your whereabouts in NYC
- Your general schedule or particular dates which might work
- Any interesting places you have access to which might make for an interesting setting
As I book certain dates, I'll be updating this public google calendar to show which slots are taken.
Thanks so much and please spread the word.